The code of conduct applies to all users on American Dad Wikia. It sets out how users should interact with each other, in a manner that is inclusive to all and welcoming to newcomers. Failure to follow these rules could result in a block.
Users must be civil in all interactions. Incivility consists of behaviors that disrupt the project and lead to unproductive stress and conflict. Keep the below in mind during your time on American Dad Wikia:
- No rudeness, insults, name-calling, gross profanity or indecent suggestions
- No personal attacks: Comment on a topic or argument, never the person. See below.
- No taunting, baiting or trolling: deliberately pushing others to the point of breaching civility even if not seeming to commit such a breach themselves
- No harassment, including hounding, personal or legal threats, posting of personal information, repeated messaging and ignoring their request to be left alone
- No lying or otherwise grossly misrepresenting a truth
- No quoting another editor out of context to give the impression they hold views they do not hold, or to cast aspersions on their credibility or decency
- No attempts to silence differing views on content or the topic
- No threats of vandalism or harm to other users and wikis
- No going off topic. There are thousands of wikis based on different topics. Being on American Dad Wikia, topics—within reason—should be about the wiki and its community
Editors are human and capable of mistakes, so a few minor incidents of incivility from time to time are not in themselves a major concern. However, a studied pattern of incivility is disruptive and unacceptable.
Personal attacks are a common uncivil behavior. Do not make them anywhere on American Dad Wikia. There is no rule that is objective and not open to interpretation on what constitutes a personal attack, but some types of comments are never acceptable and will be acted on based on administrator discretion:
- Racial, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, such as deliberately misgendering, referencing their deadname, and otherwise not respecting their identity, ageist, religious, political, ethnic, sexual or other epithets such as against people with disabilities directed against another contributor. Disagreement over what constitutes a religion, race, sexual orientation, or ethnicity is not a legitimate excuse.
- "Outing" an editor, or threatening to do so.
- Breach of privacy by sharing personal information about another user such as their real name, age, residence, etc without their explicit consent.
- Linking to external attacks, harassment, or other material, for the purpose of attacking another editor.
- Comparing editors to dictators or other infamous persons.
- Accusations about personal behavior that lack evidence. Serious accusations require serious evidence. Evidence often takes the form of "diffs" and "links" presented on wiki.
- Threats, including, but not limited to:
- Threats of violence or other off-wiki action, particularly death threats.
- Threats or actions which deliberately expose other American Dad Wikia editors to persecution by their employer, their school or any others.
These examples are not exhaustive. Insulting or disparaging an editor is a personal attack regardless of the manner in which it is done. When in doubt, don't say it and ask an administrator for clarification.